Write a Timed Essay
Students are often required to write a timed essay. Writing a timed essay is no an essay task. It consists of organization and time management as it consists of quality writing.
How to Write a Timed Essay?
Students often wonder how to write a timed essay. The following article will help you write a timed essay on time and with perfection.
Below are steps you need to follow in order to get your essay writing task completed on time:
- Before you write a timed essay you need to figure out how much time you have to complete your essay writing task.
- Make sure to read and understand the instructions provided. Note down how many paragraphs you must include apart from an introductory and closing paragraph.
- Remember you are writing an essay, not a short answer.
- Select a position or argument to organize your essay writing. Note down the pros and cons of the arguments and what made you select the essay topic.
- On a piece of the rough paper draft the outline of the essay.
- Make sure you write the essay according to the outline you have drafted. Never write without making noted an idea of the subject you have selected.
- The most important thing is to proofread your essay.
- Your essay should not consist of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Submit your essay on time.
Organizing Your Essay Writing
Organize your time accordingly. For a long or short essay make sure to use the 30 minute time ratio for every step.
- Reading and understanding the topic = 1.5 minutes
- Pick an argument/discussion = 1.5 minutes
- Note down an outline = 2 minutes
- Write = 21 minutes
- Proofread: 3 minutes
- Submit = 1 minute
Write a Timed Essay by Dividing Your Writing Time per Paragraph
When writing a 30-minute essay, it would look like this:
- Introduction: 3 minutes
- Paragraph 1: 6 minutes
- Paragraph 2: 5 minutes
- Paragraph 3: 5 minutes
- Conclusion: 2 minutes