It Ends With Us Quotes With Page Numbers. “It Ends With Us” is a novel written by Colleen Hoover that explores the complex and often painful dynamics of abusive relationships. The novel features a number of memorable quotes that capture the emotional depth and complexity of the story. In this essay, we will highlight some of the most significant quotes from “It Ends With Us” along with their respective page numbers.
It Ends With us Quotes With Page Numbers
- “Just because someone hurts you doesn’t mean you can simply stop loving them. It’s not a person’s actions that hurt the most. It’s the love. If there was no love attached to the action, the pain would be a little easier to bear” (page 23).
This quote, spoken by Lily Bloom, the protagonist of the novel, highlights the complex and often contradictory emotions that can arise in abusive relationships.
- “Maybe love isn’t something that comes full circle. It just ebbs and flows, in and out, just like the people in our lives” (page 189).
This quote, spoken by Lily, reflects on the changing nature of relationships and the realization that love is not always a simple or predictable emotion.
- “Sometimes it’s not about having enough courage to leave; it’s about having enough courage to stay” (page 171).
This quote, spoken by Ryle Kincaid, Lily’s love interest in the novel, highlights the difficulty of making choices in abusive relationships and the bravery that is required to navigate them.
- “People say that time heals all wounds, and maybe they’re right. But what about the wounds that time creates?” (page 237).
This quote, spoken by Lily, reflects the idea that healing is not always a simple process and that the passage of time can create its own wounds and scars.
- “It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us” (page 367).
This quote, which is the title of the novel, reflects on the idea that abusive patterns of behavior can be broken and that individuals have the power to make a difference in their own lives and in the lives of others.
“It Ends With Us” is a novel that explores the complex and often painful dynamics of abusive relationships. Through its memorable quotes, the novel provides insight into the emotional depth and complexity of these experiences. By highlighting some of these quotes along with their respective page numbers, readers can better appreciate the power and impact of this novel.