Analysis of book involves a critical examination of the various elements of the book, including the plot, characters, themes, literary devices, and author’s writing style.
Analysis of Book
Analysis of the book is based on the writer’s complete analysis of the book. For this, a writer has to first read the book completely and thoroughly. When writing an analysis of a book it is better, to begin with writing an abstract and extract of the topic or of the book.
Moreover, the person should attempt to shed light on, enlighten and explain his/her stance, mindset, way of thinking, and opinion towards what he/she has read and make an examination of his/her ideas by answering questions like Does he/she agree with the author of the book? What sensations did he/she feel when he/she read this particular book? Does he/she follow the author on the topic?
Normally, an analysis of a book focuses on the characters, plots, or themes of the book. The steps involved in an analysis of a book begin with the reading of the book, the feelings of the reader about the book, and then give a rational appeal, emotional appeal, or ethical appeal towards the author and of the characters, plots, or themes. Thus a reader has to first dissect the book then digest the book and lastly deliver the experience of digestion of the book.
Here are some steps to follow when writing an analysis of a book essay:
- Read the book carefully: Before you begin writing the analysis, read the book carefully and take notes on the various elements you plan to discuss in your essay.
- Develop a thesis statement: Based on your reading and analysis of the book, develop a thesis statement that summarizes your main argument or interpretation of the book.
- Analyze the plot: In your essay, analyze the plot of the book, including the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution. Discuss how the plot contributes to the overall meaning of the book.
- Discuss the characters: Analyze the main characters of the book, their personalities, motivations, and relationships with other characters. Explain how the characters contribute to the overall themes and message of the book.
- Identify themes: Identify the main themes of the book, such as love, power, or freedom, and analyze how they are developed throughout the book.
- Discuss literary devices: Analyze the literary devices used in the book, such as symbolism, imagery, or foreshadowing, and explain how they contribute to the overall meaning of the book.
- Evaluate the writing style: Evaluate the author’s writing style and discuss how it contributes to the overall effectiveness of the book.
- Conclude with a summary of your analysis: In your conclusion, summarize the main points of your analysis and restate your thesis statement.
By following these steps, you can write a comprehensive analysis of a book essay that demonstrates your understanding and interpretation of the book.